Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Night.

We just got home from my cousins wedding and I'm eating a bowl of Special K w/ WHOLE MILK <---YAY FOR FATFULLNESS! The wedding was amazing. It was at the groom's (Daniel) Aunt's beach side chateau on Sanibell Island.
The actual ceremony was in the courtyard and right in the middle there was this really cool Banyon tree that lit up at night.
The Bridesmaids were in dark blue and sort of corral colored flowers (The roses were crazy!) and my cousin Lauren (the bride) wore this very simple elegance type sand colored dress and the groom and his men had pinstripe pants that matched her dress with white linen shirts and flip flops.
The pastor was this burly guy (Seriously. His shoulders were out to HERE. ) and he was dressed in linens and flip flops also.
And one of the groommen sang " When I Said I Do".
It was all very cute which// is why I'm going into such great depth :P

The reception was nice, But I'm not very skilled in the art of mingling with a room of successful 20 & 30-somethings whilst popping shrimp balls in my mouth, so I went and took pictures on the beach and made friends with all the culinary people. Which was fine by me :)

My Aunt Marguerite is a really cool person. When I was little I used to think she was semi-scary with her lavish amounts of eye shadow, but she's not at all. She took Tanner and Brent out on the beach and helped then pick out the best shells and last year when we went to my grandma's for Christmas and everyone got sick she took care of me and made me tea. :) AND She's a nature freak like me!
I just wish she didn't live all the way in Charleston.

Just thinking..My grandma once told me that God wouldn't put a love for something in us and wouldn't make us need for something if we wouldn't one day get it.
I wonder if that's true.

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino"
-You've Got Mail

2 comments:

GraceEstelle said...

Whole milk makes me nauseous.
I like soymilk!!! :D

My cat just jumped into the house through the open window next to me. O.o

lolquote.

<3

mona.in.the.box said...

The other night I was popping popcorn shrimp like a junkie. ;D

This sounds like it was crazy fun. You'll have to tell me more about it tomorrow! :D